Hello My Darlings,
I was backing up my cell phone the other day and I found this GEM! I filmed this last April, but the feeling is just as strong!
I want to apologize for all the F Bombs. Just one of them days!
If you haven't already heard about Sample Source Canada, YOU'RE WELCOME. 😊
Sample Source offers you the chance to try new products with free samples. This is a great way to make informed choices while you shop. BUT its also a great way to get some FREEBIES and wicked coupons.
Check out my video below sharing what I got in my Fall 2016 Sample Source pack.
Wanna Sign Up? Of curse you do😉
To register all you have to do is fill out a profile, watch your email for sample pack subscriptions. Pick the available samples you would like to try whenever their are any available. And wait for them to show up at your door. Easy Peasy.
It was a cold and rainy day. The kind that makes you want to shnuggle up, throw on your old ( but AWESOME) Backstreet Boys t-shirt , brightly colored flannel pants, wrap yourself in a large blanket, cape style and catch up on some Netflix. No hesitation on my end. I quickly made it top priority to lounge and got caught up on Glee.
When I finally came out of my cocoon I had a craving for a hot bowl of soup.
I have heard of broccoli cheddar cheese and cauliflower based soups before. So I got to thinking, (Channeling my inner Carrie Bradshaw) and that's when this delicious soup was made.
Makes me happy Just thinking of it.
- 1 Whole Cauliflower
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2-1 cup of Cheddar Cheese Grated
- 1/2-1 pack of BACON - Extra Crispy and Crumbled Bits.
- 1/2 Cup of butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste. I added a pinch of chili flakes as well.
- Chop up Cauliflower, onion and garlic.
- Place into a pot, I used a pressure cooker.
- Add enough water so that all ingredients are fully covered in water.
- Cook for about 15-20 mins.
- While you are waiting for the cauliflower to cook, start cooking your bacon. You can use a frying pan, or a grill. Just make sure they're crispy. Started grating the cheese.
- Once you can easily pierce the Cauliflower with a fork, it’s ready. Mash together all the ingredients in your pot until all well blended.
- Add Chicken flavored bouillon cube and butter.
- Add Bacon bits and cheese. Make sure you are constantly stirring so that the cheese gets melted into the broth and doesn't create cheese balls or clumps
- Add salt and pepper. A pinch of Chili flakes for a bit of a kick.
Hello my Loves!
I am excited to introduce one of my new topics " YUMMY FINDS"
I dont know about you guys but I am ALWAYS on the hunt for a healthy, yummy, feel good treat.
I am constantly seeing my Instagramers posting and endorsing yummy protein loaded traditionally "junky" meals or snacks. Mac and cheese, muffins, pancakes, ice cream, peanut butter, and bars to name a few.
Unfortunately for me and most of my fellow Canadians most of these delicious items are only available in the U.S. However you do have the option of having them shipped to you. But with our luck by the time you pay the exchange rate, shipping and possibly customs its just not worth it.
So this brings me back to my new and exciting topic of "YUMMY FINDS"
Along my get healthy and fit journey I have found some really great healthy food/snack items that meet my daily diet needs. So I welcome you to try out some of my Yummy Finds!
For My first find I am excited to share that this past summer I have discovered Protein Chips!
I was up north doing some grocery shopping for the weekend. I was strolling the healthy option isle at the local Super Center when I found Simply Protein Chips.
They where available in 3 flavors at the Midland location. Spicy Chilli, BBQ Tomato and Sea Salt and Cracker Pepper.
This past month I have been experimenting with coconut and almond flour. I have been successful in creating delicious little choke bombs. Each one of my creations have been tasty, but both flours have the tendency to absorb liquids and be quite compact. I wanted chewy, airy and moist cookies. Lets be honest, what I really wanted with a fresh baked Chocolate Chip cookie from Tim Horton's.
Today we are going to talk about cookies. Chewy. Delicious. Golden brown little bites of heaven. I would have to say cookies are my guilty pleasure. Unfortunately, Mr. Christie doesn't cater to my lifestyle,or the cookie isle at any store for that matter.
But I, Joana Rita, master of the healthy rendition am not quitter. Also, my cravings were wicked intense. So I googled my little heart out and created a mash up of what I had tried before with what I was finding online.
I was so excited. I know I say that about everything, but I'm honestly just a firecracker of energy when I'm happy. If rainbow vision was a thing, I would be classified a unicorn.
Also, can I just say how frustrating it is when you are trying out a diet specific recipe online and you feel like you need to go on a spiritual journey just go get the ingredients. 1 cup of Grass fed, grain fed, organic, non gmo, free range, vegan friendly, soy free "insert random ingredient here" . I'm all for being diet specific, but my baking ingredients need to be convenient for me. I dont want to have to go to 4 different stores to make a batch of goodies. BUT I encourage you to swap my ingredients for their "cleaner"counter parts if that is what you're more comfortable with or have any dietary restrictions.
Dark Chocolate Chip Keto Cookies
1 Cup of Almond Flour
1/4 cup of Coconut Flour
1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
3 Tablespoons of Butter
3 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
6 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
1/4 cup of Sweetener/Brown Sugar.
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
15-30 pcs of Dark Chocolate split in halves.(see notes)
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Blend together, Fats, eggs, peanut butter and Vanilla until you have a smooth, well blended mix.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients into the blender.
- Break Chocolate chip pieces.in half and add to batter.
- Makes 6- 12 cookies
- Bake for 10 mins at 350.
- I used a 50/50 ratio with my fats( butter/coconut oil). When I first made these cookies I just used butter. I did find with the 50/50 ratio they came out a bit softer. I say use either or. If you dont have coconut oil, butter will do just fine.
- I've tried PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter and Regular Peanut butter. Didn't notice any may differences. So I say use your nut butter of choice. I think Almond butter with be just as delicious.
- As far as sweetener goes, I dont particularly like the taste of it. I used 1/4 of a cup and found it sweet enough. If you dont have any sugar restrictions in your diet use your sugar of choice.
- I used CHIPITS Dark Chocolate Chunks. It has 4 grams of sugar per 15 pieces. Feel free to use regular milk chocolate. Again I was trying to keep this recipe as Keto friendly as I could.